26 September 2006

quick and tired

I got new glasses. I haven't shopped for new ones in a long while and thought it might be nice to see--to really see--with them.
I got bangs. They're on the longer side, and I've been enjoying styling them instead of combing my hair back into the everyday pony; now I actually take time to dry my hair. It's getting kind of long!
I had my review. I had no expectations but will be receiving a raise. Not sure how much, but it's happening apparently. Oh and when you're more reserved about rating yourself highly, it's nice when your boss does that for you.
I'm gearing up for Frankfurt. I almost wish I could skip out and hit Oktoberfest, but no such luck. It's not that I don't like book fairs. But they remind me that I'm slightly off from where I want to be in my career. It helps me realize where I do want to be (I thinK!). I'm trying to look forward to the bustle of everything. It's publishing at its largest. It's completely international that it makes you forget that uh, there are other countries that publish books!
Finally, before I completely pass out because I am tired and yes, it is only 9:33pm here, we're still thinking about that house. In fact, one of my coworkers actually asked if we bought it b/c it had been a while since I had talked to her and about the house specifically. So the answer to that question is no. No, we haven't bought it, but dear husband and I both agree that if someone did buy it that we would be pretty upset. So it must be revisited. Just not tonight on this fall Tuesday.
I'm ready for Halloween. Too bad we have only one potential trick or treater.

No comments: