05 August 2006

Mrs.

I've tried to post the aftermath of the wedding here and my honeymoon too.

But for some reason, I can't get out what I want to say.

So for now, I'll simply type this:

Our day, our very special day was not ruined by raindrops, large fluffy things in the sky, or that I wore my blusher veil during the reception instead of the other one, as planned.

Our day was worth the stress, tears, energy, effort, endless planning and I wouldn't change one thing about it. Nothing is ever perfect, but I sure feel like my husband is.

But I want to take this post to thank some special people in my life: my family and friends.

I thought I would have been more emotional when I danced with my father.

Dad, I love you and we're so deeply connected by something I can't explain with a computer, not even with a pencil.

Mom, although we don't see things the same way--sometimes it feels like we never do--you only want the best for me and I for you. For a lack of a better sentiment, you were my rock.

Certainly not least, to my sister: I know this must have been an odd event for you; you're the eldest daughter, the one who should go before me in everything. And you have--but don't give up finding that one special person for you. You will. You were my other rock during this crazy time.

To all the rest of you out there--the ever important friends--you are a foundation I hope we have all the days of our lives. A best friend reminded me that she found letters we wrote one another during the summer when the Internet wasn't yet up and running so email wasn't around. She has the words I wrote to her when we graduated middle school, then high school, then college. They remind me how far we've come in our friendship.

I think there's so much more to come in life. A wedding is what it is--one day--most important to the two people who found love in one another. But it's the people who surround and shower you with life, they open your eyes on that day and make you realize who really cares, who has been listening, and that feeling is one of the best ones you can hold in your heart.

Thank you.
-Mrs. Ripe

No comments: