28 January 2008

I don' t know what to name this post so I'm not. : ) But I'll just say I survived Friday's meeting with the Boss and the weekend was lovely and I wish it wasn't over.

Bub is a pizza-making fool so he made pizza for friends on Friday night. It was so good that it left me wanting more, but all good things must come to an end I guess. Friend who had falling out with Bub didn't have really any comments on the house which is fine--there's something left there from the faling out I think; he was commenting more on the cool neighborhood. They did get us a gift--meaning his wife--which was sweet--and brought back tea from their trip to Indonesia which is where his wife is from.

Saturday was a big furniture shopping day. I am so fed up with the pushy salesmen and no, I don't have any questions and if I do, I wil ASK! They were so annoying. We found a bedroom set we like but we knew we weren't going to buy it that day. Too bad the salesguy didn't get that impression. After we told him we'll think about it, he snuck into an employee only area room with a frown on his face.

Saturday night we had a delish dinner with college friends and it was a better time than expected. My friend and I have no problem hanging out, but her husband is on the quiet side and a good eleven years younger than Bub so I was worried that the conversation would fall to me and my friend to keep up. Instead we all seemed to get along well and enjoy ourselves and after we paid the check we were not anxious to all jump up and leave.

Sunday was a snowy day, but we managed a trip to see Bub's grandfather who has newly been admitted into nursing care. It was sad; those places usually are, but I hoped our visit brightened his day. He seemed to want us to stay longer, but we didn't and continued with furniture shopping and we were successful! No bedset yet, but 2 lovely luscious chocolate leather swivel chairs entered our lives and will be ready for set up as early as next week, just in time for our housewarming!

When we got home I had this desire to make mashed potatoes, but with our new peeler I managed to try and peel my finger which felt oh so painful and would not stop bleeding. It's on a part of the index finger crucial for typing on the ol' keyboard, so I know that I've managed to make more typing errors than usual!

What did you guys do this weekend? And do you ever have awkward time when on double-dates and whatnot when one person from each couple is bound by friendship or whatever and the other two are sort of strangers left with little to talk about? Bub always makes a good effort. He's just that kind of guy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh, stranger double dates are the worst, especially if you happened to have been with the most socially retarded guy in the world for six years. Ahem.

:)
xox

sassafras said...

Lucky for me my husband can talk to anyone so it is usually just me that feels awkward when I don't know other people.

I too detest pushing sales people. Makes my skin crawl.

Woo hoo for new furniture!

mainlyclearskies said...

E is good at talking to pretty much anyone, and I can hold my own, so we do alright in most situations.

Ouch for your finger! Holy cow that would hurt.