24 December 2007

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Wishing all of you a very lovely holiday. Eat, drink, be merry...

+++

When I was decorating the Christmas tree while Comcast set us up with a phone line, Internet, cable, all that grand stuff that keeps us, uh, connected, I was in Christmas-mode, decorating the tree, wrapping presents...Bub was upstairs doing some unpacking and was okay with not decorating our tree. It made for some quiet time to reflect on memories of decorating our tree when I was growing up. My family would go out together, pick a grand tree, go home, put on carols, and then my sister and I would go to town with the ornaments after Mom and Dad put on the lights and put it in the spot in the house where they wanted it to be shown off.

So as I decorated my little tree, I thought, something's missing...That little person, whether it be a boy or girl, or some day both, with a sparkle in their eyes and a silent smile on their faces, they'd hang Santa or an angel on the tree branches with pride.

Someday soon I hope to create those memories. Memories of a family. The reality of that life comes alive in this house.

Merry Christmas. And without further ado, our tree! Our camera needed to be charged, so you get the blurry phone pic. But you get the gist.



4 comments:

the fanny said...

You have a lovely little tree! Happy Christmas!

xoxo

I'm Kate said...

It's a perfect little tree!

Merry Christmas!

mainlyclearskies said...

First tree in your new house!! Merry Christmas!

Michelle and the City said...

hope you had a wonderful holiday! :)