18 December 2007

Home Sweet Home

So. We are here.

Our new house, our new town, our new address. We are so happy to be rid of the coin-operated washing machines and non-working dryers at our old home so the washer and dryer here? We have, no joke, done at least ten or so loads of laundry already. And? I don't mind doing laundry at all. I'm GLAD to!

Our tree is up! We got it last night and it looks like a poodle tail at the top. The branches and needles stop and then a perfect clump of branches follows. Oh, and it's like 3.5 feet. It's a cutesy little bub tree. Pictures to follow.

I got to hang a little wooden mitten I just bought on our front door. Our old door was not conducive to hanging decorations...

We have a landline for the first time in five years. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Did we just take a step back in technology?

So that's the quick update. The closing was smooth, quick. The move? Hard, but fun since we had so much help.

Sure, there's plenty to unpack, clean, and decorate. We are irked somewhat by the old lady curtains left behind, the peeling wallpaper, and unsatisfactory electrical work. But we wake up surrounded by the silence of the outdoors. We glance outside to see nature and not dirty trains. I get smiley when I pull into our driveway. We're on our way...there is so much to do that it's hard not to get overwhelmed. There is so much cleaning and on top of that there's the snowy weather that makes it even harder to keep things sparkling...

So it's back to work tomorrow.

Good thing it's a two-day week for me!

6 comments:

mainlyclearskies said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! Post lots of pics.

Also, I so hear you on the washer/dryer/laundry thing. So easy and convenient.

flutter said...

congrats to you!

sassafras said...

Awww...I'm just happy for you. It sounds wonderful. It really does. Kudos.

Unknown said...

it sounds so great!!! i'm so happy for you!!!

also, for the record, is it normal that i got insanely jealosu fo your ability to do laundry? no? okaaay then. we'll forget i mentioned it. ;)

Michelle and the City said...

awesome news! glad the moving went so smoothly. you're lucky to have had lots of help.

Molly said...

Yay! Congrats, homeowner! Can't wait to see pictures.